Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Birthday, Canada


The flag whips in the wind behind our sailboat, Journey. I am proud to be Canadian. During the years we lived overseas, when I got homesick, I thought about the family I missed and the land I came from. And when we came for visits, my eyes pricked with tears when I saw the Canadian flags and the signs welcoming me to Canada. This is my earthly home and I am blessed.

We're spending the day at home - Mr. Handyman is installing an automatic sprinkler system. I'm finishing a dress and doing some cooking in preparation for next week's vacation. We'll grill a steak (marinating now), eat on the patio, and perhaps go downtown around 9:00 pm to watch the fireworks and enjoy the festive atmosphere.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you Lorrie...

    Beautiful pic of the flag on the water. Sounds like the kind of day we are going to have here...just got back from teaching at Olds College. Lots of BC gals there. One of my roommates was from Langley.

    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Happy Canada day! Sounds like there will be a lot of fireworks going on in the next few days!

    Have fun!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Canada Day fellow Canadian! This is my first visit to your blog. Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Life These Days

  I only listen to the radio while driving. Occasionally I'll sit in the driveway for a few moments to finish a segment. Last Saturday I...