Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Rainy Night
Yesterday evening the sky darkened and rain fell. Cool breezes came in drifts through the window. What's better on a rainy evening than a cup of tea, some chocolate and an old friend - Victoria. I like to take out the old issues of the current month and peruse them. I'm so glad she's back and will add these to my collection. Victoria never goes out of style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday: A Simple Woman's Daybook
September is dressing herself in a show of dahlias and splendid marigolds and starry zinnias. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. After weeks and...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

Curled up with a magazine or book on a rainy day sounds perfect!
ReplyDeleteWhat a GORGEOUS picture of delightful subject matter. I have that same vase and a tea mug that is very similar to that in blue and white! Isn't it funny how comforting familiar things can be?
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Christi
Hi Lorrie,
ReplyDeleteI too will sit down with the old issue of the current month. I am so glad she is back.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Barb
Had to tell ya... I love Rosamunde Pilcher, too!
ReplyDeleteOh, I agree! There's nothing more fun than a cup of Earl Grey, a few pieces of chocolates and a stack of vintage (and new!) Victoria's!
ReplyDelete:)
Lidy