I have this hanging on the wall in my dining room. I love its soft glow in the evenings. It was made by my husband's grandmother and is basically a piece of plywood with holes drilled in it for small lights, then covered with green velvet, and old costume jewellry glued on in the shape of a tree. My sweet mother-in-law gave it to me this past summer when we were visiting her.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Made by Grandma Dora
I have this hanging on the wall in my dining room. I love its soft glow in the evenings. It was made by my husband's grandmother and is basically a piece of plywood with holes drilled in it for small lights, then covered with green velvet, and old costume jewellry glued on in the shape of a tree. My sweet mother-in-law gave it to me this past summer when we were visiting her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 3: Lingering in the Garden
The garden keeps showing off beautiful blooms day after day. I know that their time is short and I am cutting flowers with abandon, placin...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

How creative! What a fun idea! I have a hanging tree my grandmother made from plywood and garland that I decorate with lights and ornaments - such a space saver!
ReplyDeleteWhat is even more special is the story behind it.
ReplyDeleteWhat an ingenious idea! She was very clever :)
ReplyDelete