Five on Friday
1. There are blooms galore. The buddleia is amazing. We cut it back to about 3 feet every fall and every summer it races to amazing heights, providing a welcome bit of shade on the patio. Butterflies, humming birds, and bees flock to its sweet flowers and provide lots of entertainment.
2. A floribunda rose against the back hedge. Brights and beautiful. I moved this rose last fall and she's doing well in her new locale.
3. We're enjoying lots of fresh blueberries just now. I picked another quart yesterday and made Blueberry Streusal Bars - one of our summer favourites.
4. A co-worker once brought a similar dish to a potluck affair. It's roasted vegetables, with the dressing applied before roasting. Balsamic Roasted Vegetables are delicious hot or cold or in-between. Click on the link to my recipe blog.
5. Longtime readers of my blog may remember that we moved away from Victoria for a couple of years because of my husband's job. We bought a house there and couldn't sell it when we left, so we rented it out for 2 years. This winter we listed it with a real estate agent again and it finally sold. I went up on Monday to do a final inspection and collect the keys from our tenant. He wasn't nearly moved out at the appointed time, so I went for a long walk on my favourite beach. The tide was out, the sun-warmed sand soft and I reveled in the beauty of nature. Thanks be to God that the house is sold. Title changed this week and it's all done.
I'll be away from the computer for the weekend, but want to wish all my American friends and readers a wonderful 4th of July.