Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunday Art Journal

Yesterday afternoon I played with paint and paper and created my own colourful design. I started with a blank sheet and glued on a few scraps of paper - from an old hymn book and a magazine. Then I splotched watercolour over it and added a few squiggles and lines. It didn't look like much.
But cut apart into strips and letters, I'm pleased with the colours. I put these pages together fast and didn't think too much - just let the bits come together on their own.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love the playfulness of your design. Loved the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO nice to be playful at times instead of overthinking a project. Very pretty Lorrie!
    Victorian hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...