Saying Thank You - Tutorial
Recently, when I go on a trip, I like to say a personal thank you to the people whose work I appreciate. Waiters, chambermaids, guides, and drivers do much to make a tourist's vacation pleasant, and a pretty card along with a tip adds a personal touch.
This fast and easy project could, of course, be easily adapted to saying thank you to anyone.
old greeting cards
cardstock printed on both sides
8 1/2 x 11 designed paper for your printer
stickers or other embellishment
scissors, glue, or doublesided tape
1. For some cards I used the fronts off old greeting cards. Just trim the front with scissors or a paper cutter.
2. For others, cut various sizes of printed cardstock. Suggested sizes include 4 x 6 inches, 6 x 6 inches, 5 x 7, or whatever you like.
3. Open a Word document and compose lines saying Thank You, Muchas Gracias, Merci Beaucoup, or whatever line of thanks you want. I used a couple of different fonts, 24 point size, with three dashes before and after the words. Leave space between the lines for cutting.
4. Print the document on printed paper - I used scrapbooking paper cut to size. Cut the lines apart, then trim as needed and apply to the back of the cardstock or card fronts that you prepared with double sided tape or a gluestick.
5. Add embellishments. I kept mine very simple, with stickers. Stamping would add great texture.
And there you have it. Sweet and simple.