Sunday, September 30, 2012
Autumn Love: Twenty Little Things
In blatant imitation of Vee's brilliance, I've created a mosaic from photos of Octobers past, along with a few from this September. There's much to love about autumn and it vies with summer as my favourite season.
Melissa from The Inspired Room encouraged us to make a list about 20 things we love about fall. It wasn't hard to come up with such a list. Here's mine and I wonder how many things you love about the season, too.
1. fog lying low against the Sooke Hills
2. lighting candles in the evening to enjoy while reading or stitching
3. soup for supper
4. Thanksgiving (Canada)
5. autumn poetry (which I hope to share)
6. picking up my knitting needles
7. pulling on a sweater in the mornings
8. scuffling my feet through crisp leaves
9. sunlight slanting low through golden trees
10. cool air blowing across my face as I snuggle under the quilt at night
11. roasted vegetables
12. rain-scented earth
13. grass once again turning green
14. building a fire in the fireplace
15. neat stacks of firewood seen around town
16. wearing scarves
17. pumpkins, round and cheery
18. a pot of herbal tea with honey
19. apple crisp with custard sauce
20. my birthday!
We belong to a small boating group with the only criteria being that the members have to have owned, at some point, an Albin boat. Quite a...
Presented with a day off work (Canada Day), Tim suggested we invite some friends for dinner. Two quick phone calls and everything was set....
While her mother looked at the cookbooks on the library shelves recently, Iris pulled out a little book with a pink cover. "We Love M...
We are fortunate to not have deer problems in our garden. However, last Saturday morning while eating breakfast, we noticed a pair of them...