Sunday, September 30, 2012
Autumn Love: Twenty Little Things
In blatant imitation of Vee's brilliance, I've created a mosaic from photos of Octobers past, along with a few from this September. There's much to love about autumn and it vies with summer as my favourite season.
Melissa from The Inspired Room encouraged us to make a list about 20 things we love about fall. It wasn't hard to come up with such a list. Here's mine and I wonder how many things you love about the season, too.
1. fog lying low against the Sooke Hills
2. lighting candles in the evening to enjoy while reading or stitching
3. soup for supper
4. Thanksgiving (Canada)
5. autumn poetry (which I hope to share)
6. picking up my knitting needles
7. pulling on a sweater in the mornings
8. scuffling my feet through crisp leaves
9. sunlight slanting low through golden trees
10. cool air blowing across my face as I snuggle under the quilt at night
11. roasted vegetables
12. rain-scented earth
13. grass once again turning green
14. building a fire in the fireplace
15. neat stacks of firewood seen around town
16. wearing scarves
17. pumpkins, round and cheery
18. a pot of herbal tea with honey
19. apple crisp with custard sauce
20. my birthday!
Have you noticed how much brighter the days are? Even on the rainy, cold days we're experiencing there is a sense of lightness that assu...
I was given a beautiful vaseful of flowers at Tim's retirement party a couple of weeks ago. The flowers lasted and lasted, and this we...
In the very bottom left of the map above you will see a pink island with a small dot labelled Victoria. That's where we live. For a nu...
If the lilacs are in bloom, it must be early May. A couple of days of warmer temperatures followed by a day of softly drenching rain has c...