Five on Friday
1. There are still a few hours in Friday to get this post up. After our sunny Sunday, the week has been dull and drizzly. I try to appreciate the shades of the day.
2. Last weekend, I talked the man of the house into rearranging the living room. It's not one of his favourite pastimes. Do you enjoy rearranging? I still have a few things to tweak, but it feels more open this way.
3. The shirt project I was sewing last weekend got stalled in fIavour of something quicker - a flannel nightgown for someone who likes blue, stars, and ruffles. This ticked all the boxes in spite of the lengthy sleeves which are rolled up here.
4. I seem to be in the middle of several books. I think I'd feel better if I'd finish just one. Currently holding bookmarks are "The Inconvenient Indian" by Thomas King, "French Chic" by Tish Jett, "Rising Strong" by Brene Brown, and one upstairs about Wales that I'm too lazy to get up and investigate.
5. I'm craving fresh these days. A little bit of mint from the garden tastes wonderful in my mouth. I bought a bunch of cilantro and have been chopping it into my salads. Speaking of fresh, with the nosedive of our dollar, produce prices are skyrocketing. Cauliflower for $7.00 a measly head! Yikes!
And that's a wrap. It's felt like a very long week and I'm anticipating a puttery weekend. We're having neighbours in for dessert tomorrow night but other than that, no plans. Sleeping in. Feet up. Light housework. Cooking if I get inspired.
Linking with Five on Friday hosted by Amy.