Love, twitters, sweet kisses, hearts and flowers add up to Valentine's Day! It's coming soon!
I've been playing in the evenings - having fun at my desk. I came up with this idea for a Valentine mobile and thought I'd share it with you. The days are grey and cloudy and the pictures reflect that, but here goes.
1. Collect your supplies. I used scrapbooking cardstock, but any firm paper would work. Scissors, glue, a few embellishments and you're set. You'll need thread for hanging the birds - I used a quilting thread for strength, but regular thread would work too.
2. Cut out the pieces. You'll need the number indicated on the pattern below. I think if you click on the picture and print it full page you'll end up with the same size that I have.
3. Cut pieces of thread - they can be trimmed to size later, I cut mine about 5 inches to begin with.
4. Spread a thin layer of glue on one side of two birds (opposites, not pairs). Lay the thread at the top, then place the matching bird over it and glue the two together. Do the same with the two heart pieces.
This is what you'll end up with - two birds and one heart patterned on each side, with a thread peeking out the top.
5. Spread a layer of glue onto one of the circles. Place the bird and heart pieces where you want them fit into the circle and carefully lay the threads across the glue. Fit the second circle over the threads. I recommend setting a heavy book over the pieces at this point to let them dry perfectly flat. 6. Then the fun begins - embellishment! I cut the tops off feathers to get just the right size for the wings. And what's Valentine's Day without a sparkle in the eye?
For the heart, I added a stem of flowers, then the banner on which I've written "love" on one side and "l'amour" on the other. A bit of glitter on the banner never hurts, either.
7. Add a thread at the top for hanging. I used a needle and poked it directly through the two layers of cardstock, then knotted it. I think it will be stronger this way. Hang your pretty mobile in a window and watch those lovebirds twirl and dance.
If you leave a comment and a way to contact you, I'll pick out 2 names on Sunday, January 18 and send each the cut pieces to make this mobile. I'll include the paper, the feathers, sparkly eyes and flowers. You'll have to add the glue and thread, that's all! Oh, and maybe a bit of glitter.
This is a fun and easy project!
On summer mornings, the days stretch out luxuriously with hours of delightful possibilities. There are few things I really have to do a...
Meet Chantal and Annette. They're made from all kinds of scraps that I just can't bear to discard.Some have been around for ...
Here we are. The great blue bowl of September skies covers us in the afternoons. The first day of this month was a great day to pile...
Is baking a Christmas tradition for you? Baking Christmas cookies is a big part of my childhood Christmas memories. Crisp sugar cookies...