Isn't this a pretty sampler? I can't take the credit for it - it's part of a stitching round robin. Ten women began mailing a piece of fabric around, each one adding their personal touch to the fabric. I was the final stitcher on the above sampler and contributed the three round flowers with the red French knots around them. The sampler has arrived at its rightful home. I'm waiting for mine to arrive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 5: Close to Home
My husband has breakfast with a group of friends on Monday mornings and leaves the house early. I tend to get up with him and go for a wal...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...
What a gorgeous creation, and a wonderful idea.
ReplyDeleteI'm so NOT an embroiderer but maybe could have managed to add a piece of vintage lace!
When do you expect to receive you own sampler? Hope you're going to blog about it?
Maggie
peace and tranquility. It's very pretty. Cheryl
ReplyDeleteLorrie, what a fantastic idea. I love what you did and can't wait to see what you receive.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day.
What a fun idea...and a beautiful completed project!
ReplyDeletepretty
ReplyDeleteHow unusual. I have done several R Rs, but only in cross stitch. The embellishments are very attractive.
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhh...I love what you added! I have mine...need to add Anna's on to it and take a picture.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful idea. How did you arrange it? Could you let me know - I'd like to instigate something like that.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful sampler! It's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a great idea about mailing the sampler to other stitchers. Neat!
All the stiiching so pretty and on the sampler too Lorrie.
ReplyDelete