Thursday, January 08, 2009
Focus and Direction
My big plan right now is to keep plugging away at my French degree and then get my teacher certification. It's a course I set out and I'm determined to finish. But oh my, so many other things crowd my mind. Ideas for crafts, books to read, sewing projects, creative writing ideas. I do keep up with some sewing and crafting for relaxation, but mostly I push those thoughts away and tell myself, "just finish this degree." It's going to take a few years and seems daunting at times.
Like our two daughters pretending to be intrepid explorers in the photo above, I have to keep my eyes on the long-term goal, on the horizon ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday: A Simple Woman's Daybook
September is dressing herself in a show of dahlias and splendid marigolds and starry zinnias. Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. After weeks and...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

Keep your eyes in the horizon and go ahead . Do everything you want and are able to do . Butt remember enjoy, don't force youself too hard .
ReplyDeleteI am sure you will make it Lorrie and eventually look back and it wont seem so long.
ReplyDeleteI too sometimes have that daunting feeling about all I have set myself to do. I have to take time and just do the next thing otherwise I become overwhelmed and do nothing.
Love the snow picture.