Sunday, October 25, 2009

A New Venture

Just a quick post here on a Sunday afternoon. The craft fair was a success in spite of the low turnout. It was a fairly new craft fair, and perhaps not as well advertised. It's also a bit out of the way. But I was pleased. I met a fellow blogger there - Pondside, who has a lovely blog full of optimism and creativity. She is the first of my blogging friends that I've met in person and our short chat was a highlight of the day.

Today, I opened an Etsy shop. I've thought about it for a long time and today, took the plunge. I've listed three of my journals there and hope to add more of whatever I'm inspired to create.


It's been a grey Sunday - time to head downstairs and enjoy warming soup for supper.

8 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of good fortune and fulfillment with your new venture! Many Blessings ~ I'm off now to visit your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Etsy shop!!! Good for you.... I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Lorrie,

    What great news...I shall spread it around. I am happy that you had a successful day and got to meet a blogging friend in person!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorrie,

    I am so excited for you. Change is scary but it can be the best thing you've ever done.

    hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:26 AM

    I would have loved to go to that sale , I love it out ion the Highlands. Too bad for me i work Saturdays so I try to find craft sales for then. I live not too far from there and i didnt see it advertised at all , maybe next year it will be better advertised. Good luck on your etsy shop you do beautiful work.Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:21 PM

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and Good Luck with your new Etsy shop! Smiles, H

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was lovely to meet you too, Lorrie! Funny, but I was wondering why you didn't open an Etsy shop - your things are so well-made and original. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the new Etsy shop, your journal is lovely!

    ~ Great to meet another Twilight fan! Are you going to see any of the Twilight movies? I can't seem to get enough of a fix of it! Did you know you can read a partial draft of the 5th book Stephanie Meyer was writing, she has a link to it on her website.... it's unfinished but at least it's more Twilight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...