Thursday, August 25, 2011

Delicious Summer


Thank you for all the suggestions on what to do with the bounty of crookneck squash. Tonight for dinner I combined it with red onions, green beans, chicken broth, then finished it with a little balsamic vinegar and basil. It was delicious.


I've made cherry clafoutis and peach clafoutis, but never blueberry clafoutis. That changed tonight. Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits. Combined with a light eggy batter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar - delectable.


6 comments:

  1. Oh that sweet looks so tender - I can just taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. When we lived in the Limousin where clafoutis is traditional my French friends told me that a clafoutis can only be made with cherries if you use other fruit it is called a floganade but I noticed in a French magazine I bought on my recent trip to Paris that they show a recipe for gooseberry clafoutis so maybe it is only in the Limousin that they differentiate! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lorrie,


    These images tell me that I should live closer...:o) Delicious!


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...these are new to me and sound DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberry clafoutis coming up! We've enjoyed the raspberry and peach variations this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clafoutis look heavenly! And all the summer squashes are thriving around the world!!! Your recipe sounds very tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Life These Days

  I only listen to the radio while driving. Occasionally I'll sit in the driveway for a few moments to finish a segment. Last Saturday I...