Sunday, August 14, 2011

In a Garden


Milner Gardens is labeled "An ancient forest and garden oasis by the sea." It was a beautiful place for a Sunday afternoon stroll with my parents, visiting from the mainland.

The gardens are a combination of natural forest, some of it old growth, with trees estimated to be over 500 years old, and planted beds. Rhododendrons tower like trees, ferns cluster thickly in the undergrowth, and hydrangeas add delicate color.

Tim and I visited the gardens last December, but only the lighted section. This visit was much more extensive. It's a restful, calming place, full of peace and quiet beauty. 

Linking again to Mosaic Monday, hosted by Mary at the Little Red House.


12 comments:

  1. What a lovely garden! You must have enjoy this walk. Thanks for sharing! Have a nice week,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your mosaics, Lorrie, and the gardens sound like a great place to spend some peaceful hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read 'Veronica's Garden'? I've read the book but never visited the garden. It looks like a beautiful place - we'll have to make time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a gorgeous garden and a wonderful place for a walk. Wonderful mosaic and photos. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful and how lucky you are to live so close to a beautful garden that celebrates the seasons. Now I want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lorrie,
    I enlarged the mosaic to get a closer look, that bench overlooking the sea is calling my name.
    What a beautiful spot.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful place on earth and how sweet to see your parents strolling along hand in hand. They are the most lovely of flowers in this garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lorrie! What a beautiful garden and lovely mosaic. I've really enjoyed my visits to your island.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always love seeing gardens and how different they all are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Life These Days

  I only listen to the radio while driving. Occasionally I'll sit in the driveway for a few moments to finish a segment. Last Saturday I...