Five on Friday
1. Mister F. came by for a visit yesterday and stayed alone with me while his mother took Miss A to a gymnastics class. We had a good time, just the two of us. Posing for photos wore him right out and he fell asleep in my arms in the rocking chair. This Nana won't complain about holding a sleeping baby.
2. I've mentioned the naturalized lawn I pass walking. It's gone from snowdrops to cyclamen to croci to daffodils and now to these pretty blue flowers whose name I do not know.
3. Sewing projects. I seem to sew a lot but finish little. Time to stop that. Finishing things is my goal for the next little while.
4. Happiest of Birthdays to my wonderful husband - we celebrated with the family last weekend but today is the day. He asked for a carrot cake with cream cheese icing. I haven't made one of those for years, but dug out the recipe and succeeded. Just for fun I cut it into pieces and assembled a boat cake, complete with lifesavers and candles. The little girls loved it.
5. I'm a guest blogger on Laura's wonderful Decor to Adore blog. Click on over for a few thoughts on adding a bit of French flair to your home.
That's been my week - what was yours like? Any plans for the weekend?