Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Forest Creations



In a quiet corner of the forest, something started to grow. What its purpose is, I don't know. But quietly, steadily, without fanfare, it did what it was supposed to do. And a few weeks ago, I passed by. I was struck by the almost grotesque shape and the colours blending so beautifully. There in the forest was a marvel of creation.

And it made me think about how often I do things that I don't really need to be doing. What was I created to do and be? These are the questions that I have pondered throughout life and especially in the quieter days of mid-winter, a time of dormancy, of being still, of preparing to grow something new.

I love making things. But I can't create anything like this - only God can.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 AM

    There is a Norwegian poem saying:
    A poem can be written by everybody, but only God can "write" a tree.

    The translation takes the rhyme away.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome God that can create such beauty in nature. Wonderful photo Lorrie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how pretty fungus can be.
    The white meatball soup looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of Mushrooms! This is a lovely photo.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...