Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Winter is the time for comfort.
It is the time for home. (Edith Sitwell)
What are some of your wintertime comforts? Here are a few of mine...
1. sitting with my back to a glowing fire
2. coming in from the cold to a warm home
4. reading in the evening
5. hand sewing/crocheting with my back to a glowing fire
6. soup - I love the smell, the taste, the creation of it
7. dinnertime with my family
8. tea with anyone
9. admiring the elegance of leafless trees
10. fresh flowers, especially white ones like tulips and freesias
I have wanted to try river rafting for a long time, and I finally got onto the river on our recent vacation. Some of Tim's siblings jo...
Late Sunday afternoon Tim and I walked down Oak Bay Avenue, a part of town that has old-world charm and lots of Christmas lights. This is ...
Last Thursday was my last day of classes and Friday I cleaned out my desk. There was a socially distanced morning tea where my colleagues ...
This morning I looked out of my bedroom window at 6:30 am to see the fat gold full moon shining over the Sooke Hills. Each day is a bit lo...