Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Winter is the time for comfort.
It is the time for home. (Edith Sitwell)
What are some of your wintertime comforts? Here are a few of mine...
1. sitting with my back to a glowing fire
2. coming in from the cold to a warm home
4. reading in the evening
5. hand sewing/crocheting with my back to a glowing fire
6. soup - I love the smell, the taste, the creation of it
7. dinnertime with my family
8. tea with anyone
9. admiring the elegance of leafless trees
10. fresh flowers, especially white ones like tulips and freesias
Daffodils are the cheeriest spring flowers. A bunch of tightly furled buds came home with me from the grocery store this week and are grad...
I was looking through my recipes for something last night and came across a much-creased and stained handwritten recipe from Tim's mot...
1 . Goodbye hedge. Our back garden is hedged in on two sides with very tall cedars providing a green wall seen in the blurred background o...
From my sofa this past week, I've watched the plum tree on the street become fuller with white blossoms. I'm feeling much better a...