Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Winter is the time for comfort.
It is the time for home. (Edith Sitwell)
What are some of your wintertime comforts? Here are a few of mine...
1. sitting with my back to a glowing fire
2. coming in from the cold to a warm home
4. reading in the evening
5. hand sewing/crocheting with my back to a glowing fire
6. soup - I love the smell, the taste, the creation of it
7. dinnertime with my family
8. tea with anyone
9. admiring the elegance of leafless trees
10. fresh flowers, especially white ones like tulips and freesias
Today we crossed the Arctic Circle. I’m sitting at a gas station in Fort McPherson in the Northwest Territory. It’s a beautiful, warm suns...
1 . Goodbye hedge. Our back garden is hedged in on two sides with very tall cedars providing a green wall seen in the blurred background o...
Sunny days in February are pure joy. There is always the possibility, more likely than not, that winter will blow at least one more blast ...
The pot I purchased as mere green shoots has grown to foot-high stalks with streaky dark pink tulip heads now beginning to dry and thin li...