Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Winter is the time for comfort.
It is the time for home. (Edith Sitwell)
What are some of your wintertime comforts? Here are a few of mine...
1. sitting with my back to a glowing fire
2. coming in from the cold to a warm home
4. reading in the evening
5. hand sewing/crocheting with my back to a glowing fire
6. soup - I love the smell, the taste, the creation of it
7. dinnertime with my family
8. tea with anyone
9. admiring the elegance of leafless trees
10. fresh flowers, especially white ones like tulips and freesias
I'm thinking about Easter and the preparations for the weekend. Heart and home. Yesterday, after school, my eldest granddaughter an...
Here we are. The great blue bowl of September skies covers us in the afternoons. The first day of this month was a great day to pile...
Meet Chantal and Annette. They're made from all kinds of scraps that I just can't bear to discard.Some have been around for ...
Is baking a Christmas tradition for you? Baking Christmas cookies is a big part of my childhood Christmas memories. Crisp sugar cookies...