Saturday, January 19, 2008
Tulips
I know it's still the middle of January. I know that winter will linger on for a month or more. But aren't they pretty? They sit on my breakfast table, bright and smiling with the promise of spring.
I'm a believer in not rushing time, in enjoying the moment. It took me a long time to learn that. And I do find beauty and delight in all of the seasons, even the monotone shades of winter. I try to buy seasonal produce - root vegetables and squashes in the winter. Somehow, eating those crunchy strawberries cultivated to travel far seems ridiculous - and they certainly don't taste anything like the juicy sweet ones of summer.
Buying these tulips seems a bit like eating summer strawberries in winter. But I still think they are oh, so pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 7: Scenes Along the Road
On our recent trip through the Rockies, we stopped for a picnic lunch beside Abraham Lake, a long lake along the highway. It was such a be...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

Bonne journée à vous ;o)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tulips!
ReplyDeleteI agree about the winter veggies, but I can't help myself about flowers! They add so much to the home.
ReplyDeleteAt this time of the year I buy tulips every week :-)
ReplyDelete