Saturday, January 05, 2008

Home again

 


It was a wonderful getaway. We hiked, mostly in the rain, our waterproof pants and jackets rustling through the woods. I've always had the desire to be able to walk silently through the woods like the First Nations people of old - quiet on mocassined feet. That is not to be.
The woods and beaches are full of evocative aromas - fir and cedar mingle with rotting leaves and black earth. Sea kelp lies in strands on the beach. Driftwood, oceans of it, strewn upon the rocks and sand gives off the breath of sodden wood.
This photo is of one of the bridges over Deception Pass at the north end of Whidbey Island. I like the punch the Coke delivery truck gives.

 


Quiet, intricate beauty in the woods.

School begins on Monday - just another few weeks until I'm done. I have mixed emotions - I love teaching, especially French, but other things call me.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lorrie!
    Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. I really appreciate the sentiment and, to be honest, I really needed it. Sometimes blogging overwhelms me as I have never been much of a computer gal... So, this has been a bit of a stretch for me, and I can sometimes feel as though I am wasting my time. I do, however, love connecting with like-minded, friendly people like yourself. So...thanks again.

    Linda
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a beautiful time. I could really use a lovely getaway like this soon.

    Have a beautiful day! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorrie,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've just have a stroll through yours and would love to linger a little longer. (I'm a chocolate lover, too, and I love to cook as well.)
    I will come back for a visit in a couple days. Everything is starting up again today with school.
    Your pictures are lovely.
    I'll email you Trev's email address.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Bit of This and That

  Off in the distance Mount Baker, in the USA, gleams in the sunlight. My best guess is that it's about 100 km away as the crow flies. T...