Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday Night Dinner - Dutch Meatball Soup



What's better on a cold winter's night than soup and bread for supper? Hmm. I love soup of all kinds. This one comes together quickly.

Dutch Meatball Soup

3/4 lb extra lean ground beef
1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 T soy sauce

Mix above ingredients together and form into 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Set aside.

In large soup pot, over medium heat, sauté 1 chopped onion in 2 T oil. Add 1 cup diced celery. Sauté until crisp-tender. Add 1/2 head of green cabbage, sliced thinly. Add 4 cups of beef broth (low sodium) and 2 cups of water. Salt to taste, place 1 bay leaf in pot. Simmer vegetables until tender, about 20 minutes. While soup is boiling, add the meatballs, one by one. Simmer another 15 minutes.

Add cooked noodle (egg noodles) if desired.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorrie~

    Thanks for your comment :) Gotta love a day of sunshine, or in this case 3 DAYS OF SUN ! It really does lift the spirit.

    Thanks for saying Hi, letting me know there's another crafty BC blogger out there !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy!! I have to try this.

    ;D Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...