Friday, October 31, 2008

Birthday Fun


I had a lovely birthday yesterday. But this photo was taken a year ago. My birthday is on the 30th of October and my eldest daughter's on the 1st of November. So we usually celebrate together. Our big joint celebration this year will be on the 8th of November and we'll add my daughter-in-law's birthday (on the 16th) to the celebration.

My parents came over from the mainland and spent a couple of nights with us. They took me out for lunch yesterday and we spent a very relaxed day together. For dinner my husband picked up Chinese food on the way home from work, and afterwards we went to our son and daughter-in-law's for tea and the cutest pumpkin cupcakes (and I forgot my camera).
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! We celebrate my mother's tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Lorrie,
    Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!

    It sounds like you had a great day.

    I love the scarf you made for your Dad. I know he will love it.

    Happy Halloween!

    Many hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Lorrie. Sounds like you had a lovely day. Enjoy your weekend!

    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday dear BFF! So glad you got to spend part of your day with your parents, and now you still have a birthday celebration to look forward to next week thanks to the group celebration. Your hydrangeas are amazing. I only wish mine had dried that beautifully. Loved your scarf, too.

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated birthday to you Lorrie. Glad to join in the celebrations. Maybe we should b e getting together with mine on the
    4th and Alan's on the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful day and an even more wonderful year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

A Wander Through my Mind

  Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush; Gerard Manley Hopkins When I opened my bedroom...