Wool next to my skin makes me itch so I wondered why would I make a wool pillow? But propped up in my back, or under my feet, it doesn't bother me at all. And I love its earthy look - kind of different from my usual style (whatever that is - I don't think my decorating fits a style, sigh - kind of mish mash of whatever is available.)
A thrifted wool sweater, nicely felted in the washer and dryer, a few interesting buttons, and a project finished! I wonder if some of the people on my gift list this Christmas would like some cozy wool pillows?
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 2: Paintings of Domestic Scenes
Flowers in the Window by Carl Larsson I've long been an admirer of Carl Larsson's paintings of his home life. They are filled with...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

Love the pillow...interesting too because I just decided a few days ago to make a couple of pillows with felted sweaters.
ReplyDeleteI'm making little bags (purses) and using buttons like you did on the pillow.