Monday, October 06, 2008

A Bit of Brightness


After a glorious September that extended the feeling of summer, recent days have confirmed that autumn is definitely here! As my eldest daughter says, "We've begun the long descent into winter."

Cloudy, grey skies, drizzle, and heat and electric light are part and parcel of these days. I love feeling cozy inside and then bundling up for a walk outside - although my hair frizzes up like a bad perm. Touches of brighter colour around the house brighten things up a little. I bought this cloche during the summer and am having fun arranging things to feature underneath.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Your weather sounds pretty much like ours.

    Congrats. on your award.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

On a Morning in Spring

  "Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -  When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush;" Gerard Manley Hopkins I awoke in t...