Monday, October 06, 2008
A Bit of Brightness
After a glorious September that extended the feeling of summer, recent days have confirmed that autumn is definitely here! As my eldest daughter says, "We've begun the long descent into winter."
Cloudy, grey skies, drizzle, and heat and electric light are part and parcel of these days. I love feeling cozy inside and then bundling up for a walk outside - although my hair frizzes up like a bad perm. Touches of brighter colour around the house brighten things up a little. I bought this cloche during the summer and am having fun arranging things to feature underneath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blogtober 3: Lingering in the Garden
The garden keeps showing off beautiful blooms day after day. I know that their time is short and I am cutting flowers with abandon, placin...
-
"So where did your adventure take you, Bilbo?" "There and back again." J. R. R. Tolkien Our adventure was much shorter t...
-
In August the garden becomes unruly. Tomato plants sprawl, zucchini crawls into bed with the pole beans, and winter squash plants climb up...
-
And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and autumn was awakened Raquel Franco September brings some nostalgia...

Your weather sounds pretty much like ours.
ReplyDeleteCongrats. on your award.