Thursday, February 06, 2014

Adventure Awaits




Baby Showers. Lovely events to celebrate an anticipated birth, or a recent arrival. A couple of weeks ago, we held a baby shower for a new little one soon to be born, our third grandchild. The shower was held at the home of our daughter-in-law's sister. My two daughters and I helped with the shower.
 

Airplanes were a theme, with white clouds and paper airplanes hung from the ceiling.
 

Since it was a morning shower, we concentrated more on savory than sweet. These luscious fruit skewers were delicious and refreshing. 
 

A bouquet of red and white flowers in a blue vase graced the table. 
 

Big Sister, aka Little Miss A, attended. Who says jack-o-lantern pails are just for Halloween? She didn't want her photo taken that day so this is the best I could do.
 

Her favorite part of the shower, according to her mother, was the snack bag she received when she left. Her father called me later to find out if we had any left over. I sent them right over.
 

There was lots of delicious food. These Brie, Bacon and Onion Polenta Squares were delicious. Click on the link for the recipe.
 

Another tidbit were Bacon Date Snacks. They always disappear in a hurry. As I was packing them up to take them over, my husband said, "Be sure to bring home the leftovers." I didn't know if there would be any, so I left a couple at home. Again, click on the link for the recipe. 


The mother-to-be, our beautiful daughter-in-law. Just 10 more days of waiting, thereabouts, until we hold a sweet little new one. I can hardly wait.

24 comments:

  1. Oh another little blessing coming your way! How sweet. The food looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting is so hard...but when you get to hold that baby all is forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The waiting is so hard...but when you get to hold that baby all is forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ADVENTURE AWAITS banner - so, so cute.

    The brie, bacon and polenta appetizer looks yummy.

    Your daughter- in -law looks like she is ready to have that baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea and hope the new baby arrives safely and soon and all is well for both baby and mother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! Baby showers are not common in UK, but I think they are a lovely idea. Your polenta snacks look delicious, I'm going to chase up the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The decorations are so cute with a neat theme. Adventures are waiting, for sure, and trust all goes well and soon the baby will be a part of your family--in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:46 AM

    Looks like a wonderful party, great theme!! All the best for mama and baby - how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting for you all Lorrie. I like the theme chosen and the lunch looks so tasty! I can see why the bacon date snacks would disappear fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is all so happy! Our little grand daughter won't look at the camera for anything in the past months! I think the clouds from the ceiling is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute theme! Welcoming a new little one into the family is an adventure of the sweetest kind! The good looks delicious, the decorations charming, the big sister adorable, and the new mom beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the clouds! So cute. Fruit skewers are one of my go-to party items - healthy and delicious! Good luck with the soon-to-be-born baby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shower picture turned out well. Still can't believe that I forgot my camera that day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looks lovely, happy, radiant, and ready! Baby showers are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the excitement - the waiting - the fun. What a darling baby shower - love the theme. Your DIL is beaming - so close to the time of meeting the new one - enjoy every second, as I know you will/are.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lorrie, that is soooo exciting! Congratulations. Little Miss A is so precious. Is she ready to be a big sister?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely shower. The food looks and sounds delicious.
    Love the theme with clouds and airplanes. I think you all did
    an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice! What a neat shower. The theme and the food are good!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable theme for a shower! Love those clouds and the bacon date snacks look so delicious@

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tout a l'air délicieux, et tellement bien organisé ! J'espère que tout se passera bien pour la future maman et le bébé. J'attends des nouvelles !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a fun time! I hope that the little one arrives safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great theme! Our new grandchild is to be born on Monday!!!! So excited! Your pictures are wonderful..... love the food. I should put a recent shower up.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh... it all looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Saw these on your food blog too! The Orr snacks look fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Life These Days

  I only listen to the radio while driving. Occasionally I'll sit in the driveway for a few moments to finish a segment. Last Saturday I...