Friday, October 25, 2024

Blogtober Twenty-Five

 




Days are chillier. Trees barer. Flowers scarcer. Mornings darker. October is definitely showing her wintry side. 

Today I visited Butchart Gardens with my youngest daughter and her two littles plus their other grandmother, who organized the outing. 


Trees glow with colour, golds, oranges, reds. Gorgeous even without the sun. 


Two grandmothers and two darling little girls. The little ones are familiar with the path to the Rosebud Carousel and skipped their way there with the adults following more sedately.


Sandi had made reservations for tea at the dining room, and what a surprise to find out it was a treat for me in advance of my birthday next week. The grand girlies were so well behaved during tea, trying the different sandwiches and cakes and neatly sipping their peppermint tea. 


Ashley and the girls left after tea while Sandi and I visited the Japanese Garden. It's a quiet garden with water trickling and falling through it, moss-covered rocks, and layers of shrubs and trees. 


My favourite part of all of the gardens is the stepping stone pathway through the pond. Enjoy the photos.





It's been a lovely day. 


A little housekeeping: I try to keep my blog calm, and to focus on the beautiful things in life. I stay away from divisive issues and love that the vast majority of you do, too. I recognize that Blogger has its issues and sometimes you are not able to comment using your name. Most of the anonymous comments are self-identified, or completely lovely. However, (insert deep sigh), one anonymous commenter's remarks are not in keeping with the vibe I've tried to create here. I've deleted comments as they appear, but I am going to turn on comment moderation for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

Blogtober Twenty-Five

  Days are chillier. Trees barer. Flowers scarcer. Mornings darker. October is definitely showing her wintry side.  Today I visited Butchart...