Wednesday, January 03, 2024

3 January 2024

 


Five energetic grandchildren arrived at 9:30 this morning. Although the eldest is 10 years older than the youngest, the cousins all do well together. First up was a craft that the younger two could get involved in - rocking paper birds. Everyone coloured and glued and cut, resulting in a small flock of unique birds. 


A walk to the playground was next. The youngest is beginning to realize that she can't keep up with the others no matter how hard she tries. "I'm coming!" is an oft-repeated refrain. These four girls and one boy are such delights. On the way home the older ones climbed a tree to "escape" from the younger ones who were fierce tigers racing after gazelles. 


After lunch the two little ones went home and the elder three made dioramas, at their request. The dining room table was awash with all sorts of bits and pieces to add to their creations - I'm happy for them to use up whatever I have on hand. 

After a movie and pizza supper, they left and I collapsed on the couch. Whew! A fun day is exhausting. I'll spend the rest of the evening reading and sipping tea. I'll sleep well tonight!

15 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was a day they'll not forget. It looks like they had a lot of fun creating works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely an action packed day. I used to love making dioramas with my school children. I bet you slept well after. Love the photo in the tree. B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big day for you, but so much fun Lorrie. The birds are so pretty, and the dioramas are spectacular. I bet they were proud of their efforts, but big thanks to you for organizing it all. They are gorgeous kids, perched up in the tree. How proud you much be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dioramas and the birds must have given your grandchildren lots of fun and joy on completion. You have exactly the same set of grandchildren as we do - i.e. four girls and a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kind of tired is the best! Great crafting ideas and such beautiful children. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a totally great day! Do you have a link to the birds? I'd love to do that with my guys. And maybe the dioramas too -- might have to wait a year for that one. I love them. And those kids are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful day, dear Lorry.
    The grandchildren and the churning in the house... you can't do it without a walk :-))) I have the best memories. Wonderful. My oldest grandson turned 18! It was a great time with the little children's hands in our hands... and we made it exactly... nice.
    I wish you and your loved ones a happy 2024.
    A hug to you from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I can imagine the exhaustion. How nice for the younger ones to have older cousins. What a fun day with you your Grands enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done dear Lorrie - wish I had your energy!!! You are a fabulous grandma and teaching them such creative pastimes that they will always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun! we had a crafting day with four of our grands (ages 9-19) in December, and it was so much fun. I love that the older ones still enjoy coming even though they may have to schedule a day off from work to do so.

    And good for you blogging every day! Come to think of it, I guess I have posted every day in January so far. Not sure I could manage a daily post going forward though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Lorrie, I love these beautiful little birds. What gorgeous colors! I wish you and your family a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Love those rocking paper birds.
    Great photographs of the smiling Grands :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful having them all together! Our Ottawa kids are visiting the Vancouver kinds in July.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The paper birds look great! I am sure you were exhausted after the day, five is a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boy, can I releate to this! Although I do feel like these days are slipping through my fingers. I love the craft ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read and value each one, cherishing the connections we can make although far apart. Usually, I visit your blog in return, although if you ask a question I try to contact you directly.

In the Evening Light

  The light behind the waving trees I see through my window is pale yellow. The kitchen is tidy; my tasks for the day are complete. I love t...